Can't get enough Melmoth? Watch this...

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

BBerson

HBA Supporter
Excellent.
Garrison's articles are why I subscribe to FLYING.
Aero textbooks hide ocassional jewels of wisdom in useless equations. Peter translates them in his Technicalities column, so that pilots don't become a topic in his Aftermath column.

Last edited:

Elmog

Been a FLYING subscriber off and on since 1974 and have always enjoyed Peter Garrison's contributions most. His willingness to tackle a project as big as Melmoth with no prior education or experience in aircraft construction is just amazing. His Melmoth II looks faster with the thin wing but I really liked the mid-span dihedral on Melmoth I. Don't know why...

Pops

Log Member
Mid span dihedral like a Thorp T-18, Jodel, Falconar, etc. My Falconar F-12 was like on rails when banked at 45 degrees.

TarDevil

Been a FLYING subscriber off and on since 1974 and have always enjoyed Peter Garrison's contributions most. His willingness to tackle a project as big as Melmoth with no prior education or experience in aircraft construction is just amazing. His Melmoth II looks faster with the thin wing but I really liked the mid-span dihedral on Melmoth I. Don't know why...
Agree.
First Melmoth had that elementary form follows function look. MII certainly makes more sense and is more efficient... but guess it's my age showing.

plncraze

HBA Supporter
For those of you who would like to see more of what is 200 feet from VB's hangar go to Melmoth2.com.

Group Builder