• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

candidate for magic airfoil section?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starflight

Saskatchewan..."GO RIDERS"(pride)where's my banjo?
I know the title is 'corny' but after cruising through those hundreds of sections
graciously provided by "krauss", I couldn't help wondering why the 18.3% thick
Gottingen 679 showed such a superior L/D ratio (64.8) when that number is
usually reserved for thinner airfoils. The plotted polars add up (divide that is)
and I know the Rn is low at 100000. Could any of the owners of aerodynamics
programs please run the numbers for me at R=500000, 1million and 1.5million?
The last mentioned number approximates the landing approach speed for typical
ultralights. Are there any stall problems with that section in your opinions? Thanks.

Back