• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Can Someone PLEASE Help With RockRack Switches?!?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomeBuilt101

I need the dimension of the RockRack switch body ASAP so I can get the data to the CAD designer so they can laser cut my panel.

Here is the problem...The RockRack “system” has the Rack part and the switch body part.

The rack is plastic modules that they want you to buy and these modules are what snaps into the rough panel rectangle cutout…then once the modules are snapped into the rough hole in the panel the switch body snaps into the modular rack.

I need to skip the modular rack part and just cut out the rectangle opening for the switch body because the overhead panel square inch space is so limited I would not have space for the rack.

Since they want you to buy the modules they only advertise the opening dimensions for the modular racks…so my conundrum is I don’t want to buy the switch bodies unless I know they will fit in the overhead panel… however... I can’t measure the switch body until I buy the switches…Grrr.

Can anyone who has these switches PLEASE HELP by taking a caliper to the switch body and providing me the rectangle cutout dimensions. I can get the module cutout dimensions online however I cannot find the switch body part.

Back