• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Can anyone identify this strobe HVPS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris In Marshfield

Staff member
Supporting Member
Hi all,

This critter is installed in my C-140, and there are no identifying marks on it. Sitting wide open like this, it's just ripe for something to get loose and lodge itself into a high-voltage circuit. Generally it's under the "back seat" box where nothing will get in there, but it still seems as though it should be enclosed. I'm happy to fab an enclosure for it if needed, but we haven't been able to find any info on it, or a log entry about its installation, to even guess what it is or if it's approved hardware or if there are any ADs on it.

Sorry for the non-experimental question, but I know there's a lot of experience and tribal knowledge here that may be able to help ID this beast. Also attached are pics of the strobe it's driving, if it helps (Grimes).

Thanks!
Chris

image1.JPGimage2.JPGimage3.JPGimage6.JPGimage7.JPG

Back