• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Airplane Wanted Cable shakles

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

don january

I'm looking for 2 for 1/8 inch cable. Aircraft spruce supply has them but shipping and cost is outrages and hoping someone might have a couple a bit cheaper that they may want to part with. Please drop me a private message here on HBA. a aircraft shakle.jpg

Pops

Shipping is getting out of hand. Lot of times the cost of shipping for small items is a lot more than the cost of the items. If there is another builder in your area, the shipping cost is less for each if you combine your order into one and split the shipping cost. If I'm about to order something , I call Dallas and ask him if there is anything he would like to put on my order and he does the same for me.

don january

I ordered 4 cable thimbles at a grand total of 1.56 less then 2 bucks and shipping from ASAS IS OVER 15.00 dollars. I much would rather give that same amount to a member on this Forum. The shackles at ASAS are about 26.00 each. I have no other builders within 50 miles that I'm aware of but pops your idea is good and it inclines me to run an add in the local paper and see if there is some hidden builders near by.

Pops

When we decided to build 4 Bearhawks in my shop in the hanger , we made a list of all the 4130 steel,etc , that would be needed and also another man about a hundred miles south wanted tubing for a Skybolt build. Dallas and I took my truck and a 24 foot trailer and drove to Dillsburg, Pa and bought over $7K of tubing and flat plate and aluminum for all the fuel tanks. We just split the fuel bill, so very cheap for everyone. Tubing lengths is 17 to 22' long. When we ordered the alum bar stock ( 14' and 17' long ) for the wing spars from Wick's , we ordered for all the Bearhawks. They gave us a discount for the large order that paid for the freight bill. Also when we ordered all the wheels and brakes for all the Bearhawks in one order from Wicks they gave us a huge discount.
Would be nice to find someone else in the area.

Does AS+S no longer provide the option of simply putting small parts like this in an envelope and adding a couple of stamps for First Class Mail? They have done this for me in the distant past.

BJC

Does AS+S no longer provide the option of simply putting small parts like this in an envelope and adding a couple of stamps for First Class Mail? They have done this for me in the distant past.
If I don’t pick up at Spruce, I have them send it (small parts) by USPS. Not overly expensive, considering the other options.

BTW, word is that FEDX and UPS are in merger talks. The new company will be called FEDUP.

BJC