• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Business idea? Hanger Build Sites

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzbauer1

Being new to Flying and the life style, I am wondering if the idea of building a hanger larger enough to offer those who are planing building a VLJ (Very Light Jetz). I would offer the space at the GA airport, and become a supplier of the materials, and build support for a few of the Jets requiring a partial build. I love the idea of having a place that they can build, store in climate controlled facility, with all the supplies, jigs, hoists and whatever the build team needs. I would then charge for the materials, have them for the team when they need it and and get a fair rent for the space. Perhaps even have different sections for various stages of the build. They move on to the nest area of the building for the nest step. Example, composite work in one area, engine and electronics in another, etc, etc. I am certain this type of thing is done... but does anyone know someone I could contact about the idea and if it is viable. The Tallahasse area of Florida is hopefully going to become a Hub.. of sorts for Very Light Jets? Your thoughts appreciated. Thanks, Buzz.

Back