• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Bush Style wheels On Hi-Max with 503 dcdi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Check out some mods I did to a Hi-Max I owned. This was built by Gail Bean from PA. This plane flew great after these mods. I installed a 503 DCDI in place of the 447 SCSI. I removed the 15x5x6 wheels and tires and installed 22x12x8 tires with 8 inch wheels.
Ric Hi-Max 006 (640x480).jpg

Here is a short video of her flying
Hi-Max with Rotax 503 DCDI - YouTube

Before the upgrades this bird had bad ground manors. After these upgrades she handles so much better. Not one ground loop after these upgrades. It helped AOA when taxiing and I believe this helped. It also IMHO put more wind over the Vetical stab. I believe this was another big help. Not to mention how much smother she taxied and landed.
Tony
P.S. If you need a good Rotax call Rotax Rick out of Florida. He is the best and stands behind his products. He is the best.

Back