• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Building the fuselage sequence ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadProfessor8138

My question pertains to the building sequence of the fuselage for my RW19 Stork.
I'm at the point that both stick built fuselage sides are built and laying in the jig,stacked on top of each other.
My jig was designed to allow both sides to be built together so they would be identical.
The construction sequence that is called for next in the plans is to sheet the sides with plywood and then stand them up to start adding the bulkheads,cross members,spar carrythroughs,etc.
Realistically,I'm still a few months away from ordering the plywood but I would like to continue the build until that time.
I've seen pics of builders that have stood their fuse sides up before sheeting with ply,on various planes,and added everything then sheeted with ply afterwards......like this :
fusebig.jpg

But the plans call for the sides to be sheeted before being stood up.....like this :
100_0015+-+Copy.jpg

I really want to continue my build and I see the pros & cons of both ways....so I thought I would ask for opinions.
Should I continue the build and sheet with ply later.......or wait until I sheet with ply and then continue the build ?

Kevin

Back