• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Building Table Idea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FritzW

With the new Waiex project in the works my chapter is going to need a new building table. Our current ones are ridiculous monsters built out of 2x12's and weigh too much to move so they just sit there and collect crap.

I was surfing around for ideas and came across a pretty neat portable workbench. Using his basic idea I'm working on a CNC version that might be a little more flexible for airplane building.

Building Table WIDE.jpg Building Table LONG.jpg BT Single.jpg It can be long, wide or single

BT Box 1.jpg BT Box 2.jpg BT Box 3.jpg BT Box 4.jpg Box is all tab and slot (sort of)

BT Truss1.jpg BT Truss.jpg The truss will help keep the boxes lined up.

...I think 9 pictures is the limit, cont on next post.

Back