• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Building a semi human powered flying device

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jarno

Hi guys,

I'm Jarno from the Netherlands and a new member here on this forum. I would like to share my project with all of u. I'm pretty sure I found a way to fly as a bird, using wings in combination with RC components, old kite/windsurf gear and android driven smartphones.

I've been working on a concept for the last couple of years alongside my fulltime job. Now I took a sabbatical to fully focus on further designing and eventually built it.

I've just completed my 3D sketches (see my newest video on my website) of how the wings should function, and how I would be able to fly with them. Please give me some feedback & for now I need thoughts on how to make the tail!! So share!
You can follow me on twitter/facebook, my website or on this thread, where we can have discussions about my project.

grtz Jarno Smeets (The Netherlands)

Human Birdwings | Building a semi human powered flying device

twitter: @jarnosmeets80

Back