• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Building a Raven (Kitfox I clone)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoomzoooie

Hi everyone,
I recently bought plans for the Raven, a Kitfox 1 clone. There are few videos on Youtube on the Raven if you want to check it out. I am planning some modifications the later Kitfox models have, such as to lengthen and widen, strengthen, make the tail larger, make the door opening bigger and use the naca 4412 and KF IV flaperon airfoils, so I can use some Kitfox IV parts. I'm planning on a 65hp-100hp engine depending whether it's a 2 or 4 stroke, preferable a light 4 stroke. One possiblity is the Susuki G13bb @ 100hp, but it weighs in at 180lbs with the gear reduction unit.

At this point I need some measements from a Kitfox IV for the Raven my mods to fit the KF IV parts. Some of the parts are the cowl, windshield, seat pan, doors, wing tanks and Horten tips as well I need some other critical measurements. PM me if you like to help with measurements for this project.

I know some of you will say to get the parts I need from Kitfox first, but I'm building on a budget and want to get the materials list first. I will more than likely have to get some parts for critical fit areas to finish the design mods and will when I can afford them.

ZZ

Back