• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Build one or buy used......Dillema?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickathome

Guys;

Here's my situation. Please help me decide!!!!

I am on the verge of buying my first aircraft. Here's the issue. I signed up for, and attended the Sonex workshop this past weekend. I had a good time and thoroughly enjoyed the project building they had us do( a scratchbuilt leading edge wing rib assy). About 3 weeks before this class however, I got wind of a Cessna 150 for sale at a reasonable price at a local airport. I know a C-150 is just a little trainer aircraft, but it would fit the bill pretty nicely for this first time aircraft owner....Now I'm in a quandry, do I want to fly now, or do I want to build now? Both sides of the coin are very appealing to me, however I can't afford to do both. How about some opinions yea or ney for either side to help me decide. At the moment I just can't do it myself. I need a push. Thanks in advace.

Back