• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Build area tips and advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Matheny

Supporting Member
So my shop renter moved out and I am in the middle of re-insulating my entire shop due to a raccoon infestation last winter(man they are destructive). I am setting up my dedicated build area for my KR2S. I have 24x30 area set aside for the build and was wondering what you guys have found as a life saver or great ideas you could not live without while building. I have great lighting, plenty of bench space, heat and cooling, two 220v outlets and 10 or so 110v outlets beer fridge and great sound system. What have you found to be real handy or something maybe you would have done differently if you could have set up your area from scratch? I figure I have the chance before I really dig into this build so I might as well make any changes now. Let's hear those "man I wish I would have's" or the "I'm really glad I did's". Thanks in advance guys.

Back