• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Bug glider powered?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrantR

Basic Ultralight Glider

Does anyone have experience building the BUG ultralight sailplane?

I want a small lightweight powered fixed wing similar to a naonlight trike for just slow putting around and soaring. The BUG looks like exactly what I want in a airplane however I want it powered so it will be a self launch aircraft. As far as power I would want one of the nano trike or PPG engines to power it like a 28hp Hirth or MZ 34 single cylinder or something along those lines.

I would have it setup as a pusher and probable fit the plane with a tri landing gear.

With the basic design does anyone see any problems or concerns with adding an engine to this design.

Thanks,
Grant

Back