Brutality Today

Discussion in 'Hangar Flying' started by choppergirl, Aug 4, 2017.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Oct 16, 2019 #421

choppergirl

choppergirl

choppergirl

[​IMG]
    I hate straight runways. They are so boring and common as dirt like spam can GA airplanes.
    I think I'm going to make mine a big circle like a WW1 airfield.
    A big black and white spiral painted on the ground in chalk with the hanger in the center.
    Take off into the wind in any direction, land into the wind in any direction.​

At my Fly-Ins I want this girl directing ground air traffic like Maria Limanskaya.
    Yeah, you try to figure out where she is trying to tell you where to go,
    while I watch and spin music mp3s on the radio from my rooftop ATC tower.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  2. Oct 18, 2019 #422

choppergirl

choppergirl

choppergirl

This organic cartoon Greg is whipping up just playing around gets stranger and stranger.... I can't believe he's doing it all 100% using a mobile phone.

Spot my VJ-24w. Buy a plane project off ebay, find yourself going down the rabbit hole...?

Anyway, I have been offered to buy a currently covered, running, and flying VJ-24w. Should I buy it? That would bring me up to 3 plane projects and one flying plane.

I think it would be way less depressing to actually have at least one plane you could fly in and see what it's like, which would spur you one to work on the others (or not, and give it up, if you don't like it, which ever).

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  3. Oct 18, 2019 #423

narfi

narfi

narfi

If you can afford it, I would say buy it!
    Gets you in the air as well as gives you a great blueprint for your projects, and in turn they give you parts for your flying one.
    I forget if you have taken any lessons or what your plan/approach was once you had a flying one ready to go.

4. Oct 18, 2019 #424

choppergirl

choppergirl

choppergirl

Yep, I agree, building an airplane is absolutely the slowest boat to China. This homebuilding an airplane stuff is for the birds and is not getting me in the air. Worse, I've gotten entirely bored with it.[​IMG]

5. Oct 18, 2019 #425

narfi

narfi

narfi

I like the comics. Are you making them? I see your last one is dated today, how would I keep up with the artist/writer?

Edit: nevermind, I found it,

https://www.creators.com/features/agnes

seems only the last few are aviation related.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  6. Oct 19, 2019 #426

Dana

Dana

Dana

Super Moderator Staff Member

That's because you haven't been building, you've just been collecting junk, building trailers, and talking about it online.

But building isn't for everybody. If you've found a plane you can afford, go for it! But do get some lessons...

Groundhog Gravy and pictsidhe like this.
  7. Oct 19, 2019 #427

pictsidhe

pictsidhe

pictsidhe

Throwing out junk that you once really, really wanted is a good first step for recovering hoarders. Not only do have more space, you will think a bit more carefully about what to put in it.

8. Oct 19, 2019 #428

MadProfessor8138

MadProfessor8138

MadProfessor8138

Are you sure that you really want to fly choppergirl ?
    I ask this question with sincerity in hopes that you take the time to rethink your approach and situation so you can redefine your mission and get back on track.
    I've watched your thread for quite some time and I'm honestly puzzled as to what your intended outcome is suppose to be.
    You've put so much time and energy into clearing property,collecting junk,building trailers,writing volumes of messages accusing individuals & organizations of keeping you from flying,turned down free trips to OshKosk,played with the computer art program,etc......
    You've done everything except build and fly.
    It seems that any time someone offers you guidance or help that you find a reason to refuse and then complain about your situation later on by writing a huge rant.
    If you truly want to fly why dont you do a few things that may help you out.....
    1. Step back for a while and decide if you want to fly.
    2. Seek out guidance from others that know more than you and accept their help.
    3. Evaluate your assets and decide if you should keep or sell items to help complete 1 plane.
    4. See # 2
    5. Quit putting so much time and energy into being nonproductive.
    6. See # 4 & # 2
    7. Approach things from a new direction and stay on course.
    8. Enjoy planes and flying.

This was written to encourage you and in no way discourage you.
    I think we would all like to see you fly.
    But you appear to be your own worst enemy in the whole situation.
    Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.......seek out others to help you and accept their knowledge.

Kevin

Mark Schoening and pictsidhe like this.
  9. Oct 19, 2019 #429

choppergirl

choppergirl

choppergirl

10. Oct 19, 2019 #430

pictsidhe

pictsidhe

pictsidhe

Nah, get Luna Lovegood to do the job.

11. Oct 19, 2019 #431

choppergirl

choppergirl

choppergirl

This from a guy that laughed at me when I was overjoyed at my good fortune to luck into my first parachute.
    Who would do that? On a homebuilding airplane forum even?

/ignore

As for Dana aka Parafan's comment, I don't recall Dana building his first airplane either, which as far as I know was a old Kolb Ultrastar straight out of the early 80's. But when I get the same, it's collecting "old junk". ???? Yeah. I hope the irony of the old music dubbed on the video above by Dana is not lost on the viewers. Which, ironically, the exact same video (old 80's ultralight in an enclosed trailer) was the roadmap forward I adopted myself... to bootstrapping everything I might need to go flying on the low end. Perhaps he's forgotten his genesis plane ownership origins.. with old junk. I've watched Dana's career trading up from the Ultrastar to a Fisher 101 and then a Starduster, not one of which he built himself. How is he qualified to be a moderator? Nice guy, I love him, but...

Add up all the grief I've gotten from haters here and it hasn't added monkey business I've gotten from Topaz alone, messing with my threads from day one, who is the quitisential total dreamer. Nothing wrong with being a dreamer, more power to him, live your rainbow. But as far as I can tell, he's never built an airplane either, so how is he qualified to be a moderator. He seemed to cause me hell for no other reason than I actually got a motor glider of which he dreams of as well. I hope he reaches his dream, I really do, woot, more power to him... But... hate on me for doing a little dreaming.... and nuke my own threads?

I've had two or three build threads closed, not for what I've said, but for crap other's have posted in the thread and them filling with vitriol.

Who would close somebody's build thread on a homebuilding forum? That's just insane. Other threads, sure, I guess I can understand that. Or just let them run their course. But a build thread? A build thread?

So I just stopped sharing.

If I post here anymore at all, it's just to let the few friends on here know I'm still alive. If you don't like my round about progress or the way that girls go about things different or approach a process different or think different (color schemes and internet randing are more important to us than engine sizes and hammering rivets), or my amateur grass roots approach or that I like to be creative and make other things than just building on an airplane in a cold concrete floor shop, well, just ignore my threads, it's pretty easy to do. Skip over them. No foul, no harm done, go in peace. Namaste.

It's not like I've made any new threads in a long, long time, and I've got like 2 active threads left, and one of those about *crashes* you guys are keeping alive... which is fine with me, it serves it's purpose.

Again, if you're not interested in a thread or don't like a poster, just skim over it and ignore.
    I ignore 95% of the threads on this forum of no interest to me, esp. now that they've all become pretty much "one plane or one problem specific" and of no broad general interest.

Have a nice day : - ) And keep on smiling...

If that's not sufficient explanation enough for you, I don't have time to work on my airplane ATM, I'm working a 32-40hr week absolutely miserable job. When I get home, all I want to do is forget the day, and look forward to better days inside a right brain world paint program. I got all my planes and trailer finally in a shop out of the weather as of a week ago, right there ready for me to work on when I finally get fed up with this current job and quit it.

If that's still not enough for you...

I'm not (just) building an airplane; I'm building an air show.

Signed, sealed and delivered,
    Yours truly, Choppergirl.
    The Resistance
    *mike drop* ; - )

I left a long time ago. If I post here at all any more, I'm just visiting... and I'll be gone again tomorrow.
    You ran your only girl off. Good job! : - p
    For future reference, if a woman is complaining about something, she wants you to listen, sympathize, and commiserate, not try to solve the problem, lecture her, or be called "whiny". We think different, and circumnavigate obstacles differently, and it may be a more effective solution in the end than your direct "pick up a hammer and hit a nail" way.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    jedi, Speedboat100 and robertl like this.
  12. Oct 19, 2019 #432

flywheel1935

flywheel1935

flywheel1935

Hi Chopper Girl. quick question.
    Where can I get the same drugs your on ?????

13. Oct 20, 2019 #433

MadProfessor8138

MadProfessor8138

MadProfessor8138

First off,let me make things ABSOLUTELLY PERFECTLY CLEAR for you......I've never laughed at you for getting a parachute !!!
    I had no idea you even had a parachute...YOU HAVE ME CONFUSED WITH SOMEONE ELSE !!!......so you can put that little fire out now.

Secondly.......have you ever seriously listened to yourself ????
    You're on a forum to socialize with people about aviation but when someone types anything you dont agree with you spend an hour typing out a rant just to put them in their place.
    If you put as much effort into actually getting into the air as you do procrastinating and typing....you would have been flying a long time ago.
    You constantly tell everyone on this forum how bad you have it in life like you're the only one that has hardships in this world.
    Work 32-40 hours a week ??? .......OMG THAT WOULD BE A VACATION FOR ME !!
    I work a minimum of 60 hrs. a week...drive 3 hours a day commuting to that 60 hour job...take care of my son by myself...take care of my 4 acres by myself....and I also take care of my mothers place that is an hour away....and yet I find time to fly my Tomahawk and build on my Stork and every other thing that has to be done in life.
    So....as you can see...I really have no sympathy for you.

I guess I should have added some more numbers to that list....
    9. Think before you type !
    10. Grow up

This isn't a post to bash you in any way...
    I'm sure there are many people on this forum that would like to see you fly,myself included.
    But you called me out on what I wrote so I just answered you with facts.

The Moderators that you have such a disdain for are free to do as they wish.....I have no dog in that fight.

Kevin

Aerowerx and flywheel1935 like this.
  14. Oct 20, 2019 #434

pictsidhe

pictsidhe

pictsidhe

I'm currently working 55-60 hours a week, my truck is being a total PITA, my rental needs a spruce up for the next tenant and I still find a little time several days a week to peck away at my project. That's currently happening in my kitchen...
    I'm buying a 'new' car tomorrow. It doesn't run, so that's another time sink, but at least I'll have a reliable vehicle once it's going. At $10 an hour, I can't afford time off work.

I'm fully expecting you to have a unique paint job on your 'planes, but they need to get to the point that they can be painted first. That involves a lot of boring, tedious and repetitive work. BTW, my exterior latex paint test piece is doing fine out in the yard. I was hoping to do some temperature tests, but I was working every single blue sky day this summer...

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  15. Oct 20, 2019 #435

Derswede

Derswede

Derswede

"If that's not sufficient explanation enough for you, I don't have time to work on my airplane ATM, I'm working a 32-40hr week absolutely miserable job. When I get home, all I want to do is forget the day, and look forward to better days inside a right brain world paint program. I got all my planes and trailer finally in a shop out of the weather as of a week ago, right there ready for me to work on when I finally get fed up with this current job and quit it." Copied from ChopperGirls post.

CG, most of us work for food. Work for most folks is not entertainment, but is survival. When I got laid off from my last job (due to the economy, I was pullng in $15 million a year in business for the company and still got laid off), I interviewed with 20-30 companies. As soon as I walked into the interview room in 95% of the companies, I knew I would not get the job. They saw a middle aged guy, and most wanted a moldable college graduate who was fluent in a couple of languages and who could travel. Got tired of the rejection and started my own company. Sole employee, I am the chief cook and bottle washer, I work a "Beatles" Schedule. "8 Days a week", buy my company has survived for 13 years now. Many of the guys here are also graduates of the School of Hard Knocks, I think Pops is the Summa Cum Laude of the school. Most are not "polished" in BS or are psychologists, most are just honest guys who express their opinion in a clear and frank way. We may step on a few toes, but I doubt that you would get a more honest evaluation from any other free source. I think most see you as a person with great potential, I know that I do, and I really hope to encounter you at a Fly-In some time in the future. In the air, I think I would know it was you when the paintball pellets started hitting my Hawk. I mostly hear folks trying to motivate you in their way, it is not the "Man holding you down." I think everyone here would give loud cheers when you post your first shots of you flying your plane. You have excellent artistic skills, use them (as you have), don't give up and I will be the first to cheer you on when you get your bird flying. Heck, you have motivated me to work harder on the Hawk. When I get it going, I am going to fly over your hanger and flour bomb you...If you beat me into the air, you can do the same on my hanger.

Derswede

16. Oct 20, 2019 #436

pictsidhe

pictsidhe

pictsidhe

A couple of years ago, I spent a winter in a house with boarded up windows, no water, electricity or heating. I was a regular at the local soup kitchen. The food there was excellent, so that wasn't anything to grumble about. Having a steady income is kind of important to some of us and not something we want to toss away at a whim.

Unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to have a crappy factory job then (welcome to America!), and I suck at getting cash jobs. So, I'm not going to be the most sympathetic person to your plight.

This forum is about building aeroplanes, not emotional support. We are mostly oddball guys, you know, the kind of guys who don't get the emotional stuff.

17. Oct 20, 2019 #437

BBerson

BBerson

BBerson

Well-Known Member HBA Supporter

Only about 150,000 in the U.S. own a flying machine. The top .0005 percenters.

18. Oct 21, 2019 #438

choppergirl

choppergirl

choppergirl

19. Oct 21, 2019 #439

robertl

robertl

robertl

I have made a few parachute jumps before but this looks like even more fun !

20. Oct 21, 2019 #440

12notes

12notes

12notes

Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Unless the US population increased by 29.7 billion while I wasn't looking, that's .05%. Taking a casual look around at my local pilots (myself included), I would hesitate to call us "the top". We're clearly the middle 0.05%, and I don't think we'd rate even that high if sanity was included in the metric.

Aerowerx and pictsidhe like this.