• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Broker leg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Fisher

Supporting Member
Well I was making progress recovering my Cub. I have the fuselage,tail and right wing covered and first coat of Rand-O-Proof. Friday July 31 my wife and I drove up to Nebraska to work on our farm land cutting weeds from our CRP land. Saturday after noon I was walking in the 3' tall grass chopping thistles and it happened. I fell into a 4' deep sink hole. Just like I stepped on a trap door. At first I thought it was a badger hole and the badger had a hold of me. I pushed down with my arms and came clear out of the hole in one move. Now I am laying on the ground in the most pain I can imagine. I didn't know where my wife was so I started yelling "HELP" as loud as I could. After a while I herd her start the truck and start toward me. I had a straw hat and I raised it up as high as hi as I could. I didn't want her to run over me. She got to me about the same time some neighbors also drove up on the road that was about 100' feet away. They called an Ambulance that took me to Lincoln. They did the surgery at 7:30. After 3 days they transferred me to a rehab. We were really pleased with the care. They allowed Diann to stay with me the hole time. We had myDSC00641.jpgDSC00644.jpg truck and there is almost no way for me to ride with her driving the truck she has to have the seat all the way forward to reach the pedals. Our Son drove our car up to us and brought the truck home. We came home Wednesday.

Back