Breezy first flight video

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Great stuff and a pretty sweet first landing! I didn't realize that there were no controls in the back seat. Just out of curiosity, why did you set yours up as a two-seater and not three?

Little Scrapper

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Incredible video, Jeff. It was great.

I would visit your YouTube control panel and change the title to "Breezy Airplane". Then write a description using the words "homebuilt, airplane, experimental, build, make, and EAA. This will allow others to find and enjoy it.

Sprucemoose

Incredible video, Jeff. It was great.

I would visit your YouTube control panel and change the title to "Breezy Airplane". Then write a description using the words "homebuilt, airplane, experimental, build, make, and EAA. This will allow others to find and enjoy it.
Thanks. I'll have to try that. This is my first youtube video so I'm still figuring this stuff out.

Sprucemoose

The photo shoot was on the Friday of Oshkosh last year and it was COLD. Probably the coldest Oshkosh day in years. If you look close you can see that I’m wearing 2 pairs of jeans. It was fun though.

Little Scrapper

HBA Supporter
Log Member
You gotta take a beating after an hour or so in the Breezy In a ultralight like a MX it gets a bit exhausting, out in front at higher speed must be brutal at times.

EzyBuildWing

Brilliant build, fantastic vid.....congratulations..... but 10 years is a long build-time.... gotta' shorten the build-time somehow...

CartesianTube offers complete tube-kits for the Breezy, with CNC milled fish-mouths that jig-true and are ready for immediate perfect-welding(they'll even weld the fuse for you, if you want)….see it here: https://vr3.ca/technical-documents/?mdocs-cat=mdocs-cat-1

Latest 3-seat AirCam has twin Rotax 4-strokes (turbo'd) engines for a MTOW of 1900lbs....it'll climb-out at max-Gross on 1 engine. see it here:

So maybe the Breezy fuse fitted with the new Aircam wing and engines would be awesome low-level ultra-safe flyer like for flying off-shore watching atomic-subs sailing out of Pearl. see sub here:

this guy flew his single-engine (Rotax) amphibian around the World solo, so no-problems flying a twin-Rotax off-shore.

Little Scrapper

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Cnc cut tubing hardly changes the build time. Most people can fit fuselage tubes and tack it all together in a week. Cnc is a convenience, nothing more and you pay for that convince. Cutting by hand is fun.

The part that takes long is people have a life. We have kids. Careers. Events. Setbacks. Mission changes. Multiple balls in the air. Tragedy. Vacations. Transfers. The list is long. Spruce Moose had no problem cutting tubes, life happens, 10 years building means 10 years of fun and he's still flying other airplanes.

Last edited:

Sprucemoose

This thread is wandering away on me, but I agree with Mike about the cnc tube kit. I looked at it but the premium (several thou) over the raw materials just wasn't worth it to save maybe 50 hours of work. Even pre-trimmed, you still need to jig everything in space which takes more time than fish mouthing. Plus you are locked in and can't make any changes to the airframe. The Cartesian kits might be a good value for some but they aren't for me.

bmcj

HBA Supporter
You gotta take a beating after an hour or so in the Breezy In a ultralight like a MX it gets a bit exhausting, out in front at higher speed must be brutal at times.
Not really. When I was instructing in The Quicksilver MX-II, I was strapped into that thing almost sunrise to sunset and never fatigued.