• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Brain Storm Session

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jman

Site Developer
Well, Homebuiltairplanes.com has been up and running for two weeks now and I am pleased to see traffic beginning to trickle in (mostly from the great group over at the canard community. Thanks guys :) ). There hasn't been much in the way of posting yet but I've seen as many as 11 people on the site at one time. I want to say I really appreciate those who have registered so far.

I'm starting this thread to ask you all what you think of homebuiltairplanes.com and where you think this community should go. Because this site has been my baby since I started building it in August, it is very easy for me to get tunnel vision and push this site where * I * think it should go instead of where it could be the most useful to homebuilders. I may not have all the answers, but I am completely committed to sticking with this place as long as it is a useful resource.

Some areas that I think need work are:

1. Growth. This site will become truely useful once the users grow to a point that we can really get a dialog going.

2. Features. The basics are available now, however there may be some features that would either make things easier or add new ways to help homebuilders connect.

3. Aesthetics. I'm the one who built this site, so I have a hard time being objective about how pleasing of an interface this site is. This board has the ability to allow users to select the type of style they want as their default style. A new style would include different colors and fonts.

Here are some of the ideas that I have been tossing around:

1. Chat Feature.
2. Free forum areas for Builders groups would like to have a forum environment.
3. Free web space for homebuilder web pages.
4. Free Email addresses for registered users i.e. [email protected] (this could be complicated to implement but might be useful to some).

Regards,

Jake

Last edited:
Back