Quantcast

Bounsall Super Prospector

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

ncmc47

Is there anyone selling the copies of the updated plans mentioned earlier? Also has anyone compiled a materials list? I have been interested in this plane since the '80's when I read an article where he ran out of gas and basically crash landed in the desert near a group of illegal migrants. He scared them and they all went running. I do have a set of plans I bought of this site, but if there are improvements I would want them as well.
Thanks
Steve

MechAeroAuto

This thread is pretty much dead, but....

Did anyone ever figure out what happened to the Bounsall Super Prospector? Did anyone acquire the rights begin offering the plans again? Does anyone have a set of plans they want to sell?

JIC

David Bounsall, DBA Group Las Vegas, Nevada. I don't know if he is still in Nevada, he was the last time I had any contact with him; that has been 5-6 years ago.
He was selling plans then.

MechAeroAuto

David Bounsall, DBA Group Las Vegas, Nevada. I don't know if he is still in Nevada, he was the last time I had any contact with him; that has been 5-6 years ago.
He was selling plans then.

Do you have any contact info for him? All I have found so far is a LinkedIn profile. To message him I have to buy one of their "packages". Not sure I'm going to go that route.

wb2754

Does anyone really have the updated plans for the Prospector? I saw one poster who said he had updated them and had them on Autocad.
I have a set I purchased in the 90s, and if there are updates or a digital version available, I would like to get them.

wb2754

That's what I was afraid of.
It is a pretty good design though.
I got pretty well into wing construction (before family issues intervened), and I have to say that it is simple and straight forward to build.
It's a very good candidate for someone looking for a single place.