• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

bought a used aerolite 103! Rotax questions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FoamandTape

Hi all,

After messing around making a few E powered ultralights, I happened to come across a used 103 on craigslist. I'd figure it would be better to build some time flying a "normal" ultralight before test flying more of my crafts. The air frame looks great with some minor surface rust on a few bolts, replacing them isint an issue. My concerns are with the 447 sitting on it, the owner said it has been sitting for about 7 or more years, however he put marvel mystery oil in the cylinders and left them for storage. I'm not quite sure how to assess the reliability or life left on the motor before a rebuild is necessary. I ordered a new carb kit for the bing54, new fuel lines, new pulse pump and a new priming kit. Does anyone know what to look for in these engines to determine weather its a go or no go on the motor?

Back