Both completed(last summer 08)

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Steve Madsen

Hi all.
Here are some pics of my projects, both done in the last two years. Hornet Gyro,scratchbuilt everything except the blades, bolts, bearings,springs,cables, engine, prop and tires. 503, Tennessee prop.Dragonwings blades, homebrew prerotator(18 months start to finished)
And my classic 1984 Falcon U/L restoration aquired july 08 dissassembled, inspected,repaired and upgrade modded as needed.Engine decarboned, inspected,tuned up and returned to service with new redrive bearings,belt and ultraprop 3 blade. Still some curb appeal things to do. (couple months, was in nice condition but not flown for 15 years)
Steve.

Attachments

Steve Madsen

Thanks much. It felt like a long road, but then again it nuthin compared to the thousands of hours many have invested into these projects I have looked at here. It was well worth the effort for my end result, and affordable pricetags.
Steve.

Mad Man Mike

I have a friend ,Paul Heil, that lives in Aqua Caliente AZ that has a Falcon. We went to California a couple of years ago to pick it up and trailer it back. He has flown it a few times but says it is very non responsive and is trying to sell it. Paul has built and flown many ultralights and experimentals over the years. He has accumulated thousands of hours over his 64 years of flying-- I like your gyro though--

Group Builder