• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Books: Adhesion Science

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ran across 2 books today dealing with adhesives and adhesion science of which I was completely unaware.
They are both $600 books, but if you have an *___*.edu address, or know where to look, they can be downloaded.
2032 pages total, so I obviously haven't read all that much, but from what I've scanned and read I think anyone interested in this subject would find them useful.
I'm personally finding the first volume quite fascinating. It explains, with math*, a lot of how I've visualized adhesively bonded joints to work at both the macro and micro levels.

Adhesion Science and Engineering - 1
Adhesion Science and Engineering -2
Both by A. V Pocius and titled "Surfaces, Chemistry & Applications".

Just thought some of the other 'glue nerds' might find these interesting as well.

* He does a pretty good job of presenting the material in a way that the math really isn't needed to understand the concepts.

Last edited:
Back