• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Book on hand carving a wooden propeller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doran Jaffas

Hello everyone and I know I'm kind of reading a post that was started 10 years ago or so. A long time ago back when dirt was a mountain I had a book on hand carving your own wouldn't propeller which I used and did and it came out very nice however since the mountain has become dirt and I am a little older now I find that I cannot find that book or even remember the title. I am now looking for a book that is similar. The books or book I'm talking about also gives a real simple measure of marking out pitch and performance of what the propeller will do on a given engine. It is literally a method of using a bandsaw to cut out the blanks, pencil points on the front and rear otherwise known as a leading and trailing edge, hand sawing down to those points on the top and the bottom and chiseling those points off of the wood chisel, using a bastard file for roughing it out and progressively finer sandpaper to finish it up. Does anybody on this forum have any idea where I can find a book based on those procedures? Very interested in hand carving another propeller using the hand tool method or basic power tools. Not trying to save money here just reigniting an older passion of mine.

Thank you in advance.

Back