Bolly props?

Discussion in 'Firewall Forward / Props / Fuel system' started by 13brv3, Oct 13, 2019.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Oct 13, 2019 #1

13brv3

13brv3

13brv3

Greetings,

I've always used Warp Drive props for pusher aircraft, largely because they're tough enough to survive Murphy's law of pusher aircraft- Anything that comes loose will go through the prop. It's long been known that Warp doesn't have the most efficient blade shape though. I only recently learned of the Bolly props, from a site that sells both in the US. From what I can see, it looks like the Bolly blades are a superior choice over the Warp blades, and they even fit the same hubs.

How many people are using the Bolly blades? Happy with them? Did you compare the performance to any other blades?

Thanks,
    Rusty

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  2. Oct 13, 2019 #2

TiPi

TiPi

TiPi

Hi Rusty, I replaced a 2-blade wooden GT Propeller with a Bolly 3-blade on my Tecnam with 912ULS. better take-off and climb and about 1-2kts more speed. Prop is set for the same rpm (static 5,250) as with the GT. Have about 450h on it now and very happy. No signs of abrasion or nicks in the leading edges (not many take-offs on gravel or dirt, though).

3. Oct 15, 2019 #3

13brv3

13brv3

13brv3

Thanks for the comments. I imagine you see a few more of them than we do here in the US. Best I can tell, there should be a bit better climb, with the same cruise speed, and possibly lower noise compared to the square tip Warp.

One correction, I was wrong about Warp Drive selling them here in the US. There's another site warpdriveprops that sells them, but they're not actually the Warp Drive site. That seems to be warpdriveinc.

Rusty