Boeing following Mac Doug

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

dog

you guys will NEVER own a news service (or even social media "news" page) if you keep speaking like that!!!!

Now: a headline such as "Boeing, Boeing, gone" would drive enough clickbait to fill you LL100 tanks ever day for weeks.
Its not just possible click bait,didnt boing move thier headquarters to be next to the gubberment
trough keepers,and in fact boing is no longer
a real company,its a certified government contractor and the rules of the market no longer
apply to them

PMD

Its not just possible click bait,didnt boing move thier headquarters to be next to the gubberment
trough keepers,and in fact boing is no longer
a real company,its a certified government contractor and the rules of the market no longer
apply to them
one of my good friends I do some work for is a "DoD
Prime Contractor" and you are exactly right: no market rules apply. Primes do not bid - all work is negotiated. The gummint is responsible for their maintenance as a profitable entity with sufficient reserves of all resources (including money) to move immediately to war production status. Their collusion with government is codified, and there is a massive pile of laws and regulations that guarantee they stay in place. BUT: there is so much more going on in the back rooms (the infamous but quite real "deep state" that I hope we can some day have a book written about to expose) if you were aware of you could easily understand how Boeing deteriorated to this level.

Pops

Supporting Member
one of my good friends I do some work for is a "DoD
Prime Contractor" and you are exactly right: no market rules apply. Primes do not bid - all work is negotiated. The gummint is responsible for their maintenance as a profitable entity with sufficient reserves of all resources (including money) to move immediately to war production status. Their collusion with government is codified, and there is a massive pile of laws and regulations that guarantee they stay in place. BUT: there is so much more going on in the back rooms (the infamous but quite real "deep state" that I hope we can some day have a book written about to expose) if you were aware of you could easily understand how Boeing deteriorated to this level.
Correct, Used to be a Gov contractor .

Vigilant1

Supporting Member
At the recently completed Farnborough airshow, Boeing received orders for more planes (172) than Airbus did (just 85). The majority of the Boeing orders were for 737 Max variants, but they sold some 777 and 787, too.
Altogether, so far in 2022 Boeing and Airbus have each booked about the same number of orders. If the Chinese stated commitment to buy planes from Airbus actually result in sales, Airbus will probably end the year with more sales than Boeing.
Both companies are going to be hurt by a shortage of engines that will restrict their ability to deliver airplanes.

Wanttaja

Is there independent confirmation of this? I can't find any other mention of discontinuing production.

Ron Wanttaja