Boeing following Mac Doug

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Vigilant1

Supporting Member
In 2021 there were 749 orders for all versions of the 737Max, more than any other airliner in the world. Boeing will have their hands full building and delivering all those planes. They delivered 245 Max's in 2021, which was second only to the A320neo (with 258).

Overall, Boeing lagged Airbus significantly last year in both orders and deliveries. More numbers here: https://www.flightradar24.com/blog/airbus-and-boeing-2021-orders-and-deliveries/

Bill-Higdon

PMD

That is actually laughable. Who is shortening the leash on the FAA?? After all: they were both complicit AND the overseeing authority of this debacle.

...one of the consequences of generations not willing to look at world history. All the series on the fall of empires/civilizations readily available on YouTube show pretty clearly where we are on that trajectory...
How can you folks critique a company who decided that the way to do business was to sub out multiple sections of a airliner, bring the pieces in and in 3 days just join then together and have a functional aircraft.?
top dogs have no idea on design and what it takes, I know, let’s take a critical safety of flight software and limit it to one input instead of best of two out of three, bet we can save a $1000 And help my stock go up.
ex MDC $ Boeing engineer.

Pale Bear

An idea that comes to mind, when observing conversations, like this .. whether it's an airplane manufacturer, or a car company, .. or, you name it .. there's dangers when one thinks that they've become too clever, to fail. There's alot of "clever" people, these days.

PMD

The voters through the media and elected representatives.
One could only wish.

I am aware of a number of aviation businesses that chose to certify in EASA - moving all of the mfg jobs to Yurp - simply to avoid FAA. You see, outside of the US NOBODY gives a flying purple frick WHO certified an airframe or component, just does it work and how much does it cost.

D Hillberg

What did you think when the United States Commerce Department became the CAB then the FAA?
:fear: --------------------------->😆--------------------------------->:popcorn: --------------------> :wonder:
We need airplanes ------Hello Mr. Hughes--------I get no complexity points in GA-----Airbus here I come!

Last edited:
Reactions: PMD

PMD

What did you think when the United States Commerce Department became the CAB then the FAA?
I was thinking the '59 Ford models with the radical tail light in the fins that were just arriving on showroom floors was pretty neat. After all, I was a 9 year old car freak still a year away from my first hours in the front seat of a J3 with a commercial student building time. I was not aware of how much of a hindrance to genav the US FAA was for another dozen years.

PMD

Forget Wishing the media has a couple of spectacular airplane wrecks that make good pictures and suddenly the 737 get some attention from the FAA because of applied political pressure.
Yep that’s how it works.
And the obstructions to innovation and production within their purview further increases the costs of compliance and insurance to the point where Genav billings are almost all for multi-million dollar turbine airframes, as nothing else can absorb the incredible burden.

PMD

Great. A bunch of lawyers and financiers (you don't get appointed as top dog bureaucrat if you are not playing their game) are going to solve all of our problems...without removing the lawyers and financiers (who ARE the problem) from the solution. FAA certification costs for the next next new 4 place recip just went up another bunch of tens of millions.

Bill-Higdon

boeing boeing gone

Psycho18th

So frustrating to read “news” articles about this stuff because the “reporters” and many of their supposed experts have zero experience in the aircraft, flying the line, how the systems and emergency checklists work, what airline training/experience levels, maintenance control are like, etc. I’d put my family on a Max (and have several times) without second thought. I would not put my family on any aircraft flown in a substandard operation.

gtae07

For context, we'd need to know the rate of similar events for other airliners in similar service. That seems to be absent in many reports.
And a better technical description of said events. I can make dire emergencies sound minor and minor emergencies sound catastrophic.

PMD

you guys will NEVER own a news service (or even social media "news" page) if you keep speaking like that!!!!

Now: a headline such as "Boeing, Boeing, gone" would drive enough clickbait to fill you LL100 tanks ever day for weeks.