Quantcast

Boeing - Design Issues...

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Doggzilla

Banned
HBA Supporter
The new CEO is saying the problems are even worse than he thought, and he sounds pretty angry. He was the Chairman before this, so apparently they didnt tell him everything he was supposed to have been told. Thats a really good way to piss off a board member.

David L. Downey

HBA Supporter
nothing useful will happen until all the GE types are gone. The board needs to be purged and re-filled with aviation knowledgeable people...

Doggzilla

Banned
HBA Supporter
It’s not an excuse. Why would the chairman be to blame for what the CEO did? That doesn’t even make sense. The emails show what was occurring and what he told the board were two different things. The previous CEO was 100% responsible.

They actually hired him to stop the engineering problems. They assumed that because he was an engineer he would care about engineering. He clearly did not.

BJC

HBA Supporter
They actually hired him to stop the engineering problems. They assumed that because he was an engineer he would care about engineering. He clearly did not.
[Generic comment on business, not just Boeing.]

Don’t give the BoD a pass. CEOs behavior is driven by the compensation package which is a product of the BoD. If the CEO is not pursuing those objectives, and it is the Board’s responsibility to know if he is and how well he is doing, then it is the BoD’s responsibility to act.

BJC

Doggzilla

Banned
HBA Supporter
I have no inside knowledge of Boeing, but from what you have previously posted, it seems that Boeing had a management problem, not an engineering problem.

BJC
I didn’t mean to blame the engineers, I meant the engineering department. The management of the engineering department holds responsibility for knowingly ignoring their own engineers.

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
What would we expect the new CEO to say? "Well, a lot of things went wrong that Muilenburg couldn't have predicted or prevented. He was a darn good engineer with a long history here at Boeing, and a fine CEO. I don't know why we fired him. I doubt I'll do any better. " Right.

Last edited:

plncraze

HBA Supporter
The Starliner story that listed off NASA's demands wasn't pretty either. These guys at Boeing are going to get a lot of scrutiny for a while. It's frustrating to see how successful the 777 is with a great safety record get followed up by this.

Doggzilla

Banned
HBA Supporter
It’s unfortunate that their other successful products are getting their reputations smeared because one ancient aircraft design got messed up by a handful of incompetent people.

The employees on the other lines must be furious at the MAX team.

AdrianS

The employees who can't build an air tanker without leaving it full of crap, or the employees who can't build a spaceship that works?

PMD

Let see: Boeing has a GE guy who learned how to do business under Jack as a Chairman. He hires an engineer to run the company...the President of course reports to the BoD. Then the engineer behaves like a GE finance a-hole and the Chairman is somehow NOT in any way at fault??????

****, someone failed logic 101 badly.

Mad MAC

Maybe the board & CEO should be required to read Augustine's Laws.
a couple of rules seem to directly apply here
Law Number XII: It costs a lot to build bad products.
Law Number XIII: There are many highly successful businesses in the United States. There are also many highly paid executives. The policy is not to intermingle the two.
Law Number XXIX: Executives who do not produce successful results hold on to their jobs only about five years. Those who produce effective results hang on about half a decade.

Doggzilla

Banned
HBA Supporter
Let see: Boeing has a GE guy who learned how to do business under Jack as a Chairman. He hires an engineer to run the company...the President of course reports to the BoD. Then the engineer behaves like a GE finance a-hole and the Chairman is somehow NOT in any way at fault??????

****, someone failed logic 101 badly.
Maybe it has something to do with how he he wasn’t even chairman until after the accidents occurred and did not hire Mullenburg.

I don’t think you are really in a position to be insulting the intelligence of others right now.

Doggzilla

Banned
HBA Supporter
Wooooooooow. That’s really serious even if it’s politically motivated.

All of the financial aid comes from the Democratic House, so losing confidence of the party greatly limits their chances of a bailout.

That’s why you see companies donating to both parties, because the minority party still has significant authority regardless of who technically has the majority.