• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Bob Nuckolls' "AeroElectric Connection"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wsimpso1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, at the recommendation of folks on another thread, I ordered the above book. WOW!

Talk about getting all over the topic on making an airplane's electrics work, this book is great. Yeah, it does not cover Flat Panels and the guy really does need an editor for little detail flaws, but he covers the topic of electrifying your bird, making it reliable, making it electrically quiet, and making sure your failure modes are no more than inconvenient...

I recommend it. I was all about dual alternators and dual batteries before, but even more so now that we have low workload schemes for running all of this.

Would I want more from Bob?

Yeah, get an Editor! There are so many misplaced or double placed words, it is distracting and makes understanding some points tough;
Wiring modern avionics - there are so many flat panel displays, both with and without backup batteries, that we could use some advice on;
Design a Double Alternator Double Battery system around Vertical Power, and;
Install of Electric Air Conditioning.

Having devoured the book, I have to revisit Ausman's "Aircraft Wiring Guide" and go back the 'Electric Connection website. Still absorbing all of this stuff...

Billski

Back