Bob Barrows and his Electric Ultralight Flying Machine

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
The video of Bob Barrows was made last Oct 17th at his field.

galapoola

Love listening to him talk, you get an insider view of his thought process. He makes it sound so simple and matter of fact.

TLAR

I wonder if plans will ever be available
R and B aircraft permanently closed?
I have Bearhawk plans, Bearhawk LSA plans and I really need the Bearhawk Ultralight plans

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
WOW! That's impressive!

Mr. Barrows is one of the few people in aviation that if he says it will be 250 pounds, I'd bet it will be 250 pounds.
You can bet on that. His prototype 4 seat Bearhawk had a EW of 1195 lbs , from Bob. When I flew it I told Bob I would not change a thing. I loved it. Hated to sale my Bearhawk project, plans #276. The closest EW of any other Bearhawk that I know of is from a friend of mine in WY. His weighed 1238 lbs. A lot of that was paint and seats. Bob is one of the honest and nicest person that you will every meet. What he says is how it is.

Last edited:

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
I wonder if plans will ever be available
R and B aircraft permanently closed?
I have Bearhawk plans, Bearhawk LSA plans and I really need the Bearhawk Ultralight plans
I believe so, when Bob is ready. Bob wanted to built a legal ultralight , electric powered, and with enough wing area to work the lift on the nearby mountain ridges. Fly to the ridge with power and have fun with the power off and fly back to his field on electric.

TLAR

I talked to Bob this morning and all is well!
WOW a Bob Barrows designed Ultralight!!
He gave me some numbers but I will wait.
Gotta subscribe to Jared’s Newsletter.
Bob seemed to think that the Briggs V Twin would be a good fit, so maybe he will look into it
Another bit of information is that Bob has recovered nicely from his crash. That was good news

Last edited:

TLAR

He is a Pro that likes .028!
Watching the video on YouTube, a little item on there is classic Bob, the intersection of two aluminum tubes, the miter of two 4130 tubes welded together then inserted into aluminum then pop riveted, this Ultralight is gonna be full of Bobs tricks!

Last edited:

addicted2climbing

Log Member
I tnought it was decided batteries were counted in the 254 lbs even if removable. Lets hope the FAA comes to their senses on not counting battery weight. But thats an oxymoron.

or forget Epower and think O-100.