• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Boat, Plane. Plane, Boat.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbrochey

Hello. After a couple of years of far too many doctor appointments, surgeries... radiation... and capped off this past July buy major spine/back surgery where I now have 4 rods and a bunch of aircraft worthy bolts and pins installed, first found myself thinking okay that's it, the projects that could mess up my back have to go... so I started looking at boat plans. Made sense... build a nice little tug for the nearby lake. After the surgery I immediately began radiation treatment to knock out the tumor that was on my spine causing all the problems in the first place. I set the boat plans aside and looked at the sport qualified plane I had been working on off and on... and thought... maybe a glider... or an ultralight like the Zing... Easy. But fear grasped me again when I thought back about that pain that nearly killed me... so i visited my surgeon ans asked what are my limitations... "the way and rate you have recovered I don't see any limitation for what you can do. Your back is stronger now more than it ever was. Bionic man kind of strong." This reassured me... I started up my guitar work again and am reviewing my lighter aircraft... ultralight? Motor glider? Boat? Thanks for reading.

Back