• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

BMW R1150

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

seems like a while since someone has talked about these engines, any particular reason?

Ive only read good things about them so I was planning on retro fitting my Challenger II with a R1150.

Ive actually bought a R1150 R with 25 000 miles and having it disassembled and the engine shipped to me. its a single spark , but they used to add a plug to the old R100 so I'm sure its do-able if need be.

since I have the entire bike to take parts from I was hoping someone could help me create a full inventory of parts I will need. I plan to use the original CDI unless theres a better option. Is there any part of the exhaust I need, how about the air box, wire harness ?

since I don't have access to the bike I was hopping to crate everything up and have it shipped one time one cost. I live inn Canada and the bike is in the states so after the beating on the cnd dollar and the vultures at Canada customs its probably going to wind up costing me around $1300 cnd. not bad for a fairly new engine.

Any whoo my name is Will and I'm attempting to fit this engine in my Challenger II and have her ready to go for spring.

Thanks in advance for all your help and I'm glad to be part of your community..

Back