Bloop Nearing Flight: Hearing Protection

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Gary Hogue

As I get ever closer to putting the Bloop in the air, I'm finding that my existing ear protection isn't good enough. After taxiing for a bit, a few feet in front of a 2-stroke Vittorazi, I'm still geting some tinnitus - even with the ribbed rubber ear plugs I'm using. Any suggestions?20220730_113728.jpg

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
For paramotor flying, I found the yellow cylindrical E-A-R earplugs worked better than any of the others, by far. I later switched to industrial earmuffs, designed to mount to a hardhat, I adapted them to my helmet (a BMX bicycle helmet).

billyvray

As I get ever closer to putting the Bloop in the air, I'm finding that my existing ear protection isn't good enough. After taxiing for a bit, a few feet in front of a 2-stroke Vittorazi, I'm still geting some tinnitus - even with the ribbed rubber ear plugs I'm using. Any suggestions?
I dig that Bloop!

Jimboagogo

As I get ever closer to putting the Bloop in the air, I'm finding that my existing ear protection isn't good enough. After taxiing for a bit, a few feet in front of a 2-stroke Vittorazi, I'm still geting some tinnitus - even with the ribbed rubber ear plugs I'm using. Any suggestions?View attachment 128335
I wore foam plugs and a headset over top when I flew a Harvard. No probs

Gary Hogue

I always used the roll up foam earplugs in the Quicksilvers and then a headset or earmuffs on top of that. I did eventually get some minor hearing loss and tinnitus in my 60’s, but I blame that on my first wife always yelling at me. 😁
Ah, the good old days! Now I have to look at my wife to know if she's yelling at me.