• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Black Fly electric Ultralight at Oshkosh: Vertical TO&L

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrongway John

Not sure where to put this crazy thing. Never heard of it until about 30 minutes ago when my brother mentioned it to me. Has eight electric engines, weighing 4 lbs each, limited range to 25 miles due to ultralight weight limitations, I'm sure in the experimental category, more batteries could be added for more range. Supposed to be priced about the same as a new SUV. Looks like designer went all out on safety and redundancy, and according to the video, people are learning to fly it on a simulator in five minutes. Begin production and sales within a year if I heard right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=671Vf3PFlWU&t=3s

What do you think?

Back