• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

BirdGlider - The Newest Airchair?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Direct C51

I've been following the Sandlin Goat for awhile now, with the plan to get one built in the near future. It looks like a very similar ultralight glider, or "airchair", has been designed by the guys over at Nest of Dragons called the BirdGlider. I've been following the BirdGlider in development but it appears the project has kind of stalled out in the past couple years. They made a bunch of pretty 3D renderings and videos, but as far as I know, a complete prototype has still not been built. The designer says he had to change his focus to another project. The plans are free at birdglider.net. They seem to be pretty thorough, although I like the format of the Goat plans better.

Does anyone know anything further about the BirdGlider? Any opinions on the BirdGlider vs Goat?

Back