• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Biplane Lift Distribution Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.L. Frusha

Many of you are aware that I am in the design phase of building a Biplane based on the Curtiss-Stinson Special that belonged to Katherine Stinson. In my research, the one thing I am not finding is any good reference materials on the lift distribution of biplane wings. I could really use some help, here, since it is hard to build and test a wing, when you do not know the lift distribution.
In my case, all wings are going to be built the same, just varied for port and starboard, plus the middle section for the upper wings.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Back