• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Big tires on a Firefly?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarylP

Hi everyone,
As a person that wants to build a kit somewhere down the line, and one that will be off field capable, I have wondered if you could put large tires on a Kolb Firefly? Or for that matter, the Mark III, or the Chinook. I have seen a T-Bird with big tires, at least a lot bigger than the stock.
If I can't afford the kit I want, then I was thinking of designs like I have listed, but would feel better with some beefy mains, and tail-wheel. I have not seen a picture of one of those planes with big tires, so I wondered if there was a reason you couldn't. Like landing gear, AOA ect ect.

Thanks
Daryl

Back