• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

BF109-F :Wing appears to be too thick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeedHelp12

Hi,

I'm currently designing a 3d model of the Messerschmitt BF109 in Blender.
I have found out, that the ME109 uses the NACA 2414 airfoil at the root of the wing
and the NACA 2411 airfoil at the wingtip.

However, when I compare the relative thickness of the wing I modeled to the relative thickness of the wing in the first attached picture(front view)
it appears to be too big.

So I'd like to know how the airfoil scales down from NACA2414 to NACA2411 if the scaling down isn't uniform. (In my experience the NACA2411 is too fat)

Thanks for help!

Attachments

• bf109hq.jpg
    bf109hq.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 59
  • wingFrontView.PNG
    wingFrontView.PNG
    2.7 KB · Views: 60
Back