Quantcast

BF-109 G10 sculpture

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

jetboy mike

Nice shape you have started there. Hope you have a good spot picked out in the living room. :)

I have been thinking that a wood rudder and elevators from the G10 would look good on the wall but other projects have priority still.

Good Luck and Happy Building!

p.s. love the guard on the Ford too.

whizzywhizzer

hey great idea.......... my goal is to do this full time. I'm really into it. and it's amazing to sit in the cockpit and see what they would have seen, I had no idea the planes were so small and compact and the wings huge..............having never seen a BF in Australia. so a real buzz for me to build it.
a P40 would be great for the next project, or a zero............ or p51.......omg there are so many to choose from lol.

RJW

Nice sculpture. It looks like a lot of fun.

A little more work and a little more money and you could build a full-sized airworthy replica. If you don’t have them already, get the factory drawings, lighten the structure a bit, add a V8 or V6. It wouldn’t fly like the real thing, but it would fly. This would be a great project and plenty doable. 109s are tiny little airplanes.

Rob

flyvulcan

Log Member
Hi Whizzy,

You should try to get up to Canberra to see the AWMs '109. I haven't been there for a long time but I think it's in the Treloar Annex.

Also, there might be one or two '109s in Melbourne. Many years ago, a Dave Prewett I think it was had a few of them. I know that at least one has been up for sale in the past but he may still have one. If he still does, maybe he would let you check it out.

Cheers,

Dave

RJW

I don’t know if he’s still in business but I got my drawings from Peter Ewbank. He’s in Australia, I think. The drawings he sells are pretty complete. He doesn’t have drawings for the empennage. But most of the rest of the airframe is there. There’s enough there to build a flying replica if you take a little time to study the drawings and some structures books. Well worth the effort I think. Been dreaming about this for about seven years. Somebody’s got to do it.

Rob