BF-109 G10 build 26 feb 2016

Discussion in 'General Experimental Aviation Questions' started by whizzywhizzer, Feb 26, 2016.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Feb 26, 2016 #1

whizzywhizzer

whizzywhizzer

whizzywhizzer

this is the plane so far............ finally got the armour plate fitted in =D
    whizzywhizzer-albums-bf109-g10-sculpture-life-size-picture47975-26-feb-2016-just-me-mucking-arou.jpg whizzywhizzer-albums-bf109-g10-sculpture-life-size-picture47974-26-feb-2016-armour-plate-fitted.jpg whizzywhizzer-albums-bf109-g10-sculpture-life-size-picture47976-26-feb-2016.jpg

2. Feb 26, 2016 #2

PTAirco

PTAirco

PTAirco

I hope you will go around the whole airframe and put a dab of filler in all those pop rivets to make them look authentic! It's a really interesting project. Of all the aircraft I fantasize about flying, the 109 is still No1. Especially in a dogfight, the G-10 with the 108 30mm would be my ultimate choice.

3. Feb 26, 2016 #3

whizzywhizzer

whizzywhizzer

whizzywhizzer

Hey thanks PT. na I won't be filling in the pop rivets lol, that would give me nightmares lol. this is just a sculpture I'm making to sit out in the paddock, for display. my goal is that from say 10 feet away it will look like the real thing............geez all the ww2 pilots were very brave to be hurtling through the air in these planes and getting shot at as well omg............. sitting in the plane I really get a feel of how cramped the space was for them and that if they got hit with some 50 cal they'd be toast I guess........... cheers

4. Feb 26, 2016 #4

Aviator168

Aviator168

Aviator168

Looks great. Are you going to build one of this? This ifs one of my ww2 favorites a long with the yak3.

5. Feb 27, 2016 #5

whizzywhizzer

whizzywhizzer

whizzywhizzer

hey thanks Avi............... cheers

6. Feb 27, 2016 #6

choppergirl

choppergirl

choppergirl

I wouldn't put it in the paddock to rust away in the rain... I'd build my living room or rec room er... or in your case... man cave... around it... if necessary... high ceiling and suspending it in the air... or better just parked on floor where you or kids can climb in it... make it centerpiece or point tail into a corner, put your lazy boy or couches under the wings and watch TV with it.. like it was your dog... ;-).

7. Feb 28, 2016 #7

whizzywhizzer

whizzywhizzer

whizzywhizzer

great idea's choppergirl, but sadly with a wing span of 9.5 metres it would be just to big to put inside.
    it's won't rust as it is all aluminium even the frame work inside, thinking of putting the plane on a steel pole so it looks like it is skimming across the tall grass. that frame work would be steel but very thick so it will last 100 years and more........... cheers