• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Better airfoil for Christavia Mk IV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Streffpilot

Hi, I have the plans for the Christavia Mk IV on order. Hopefully they arrive this Wednesday. I am planning on trying to reduce drag a little bit and am also looking for a lower drag airfoil. The main goal of this is to get a little more cruise speed out of the airplane. I don't have any runways less than 1500' close by, so I don't mind raising the stall speed a little bit to get a higher cruise speed. The "plan" is to use the airplane to explore our state (Wisconsin) and the neighboring states.

So, any "better" airfoils than the stock airfoil??? To be honest, I don't even know what airfoil it uses yet, I am just throwing ideas around in my head on ways to lower drag and increase speed......

Back