Best Quotes

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

bmcj

HBA Supporter
As soon as I heard this in a video, I knew I had to create a quote thread here on HBA. In the video, a pilot said,

“I used to be a well respected member of the aviation community, and then I started flying a Cirrus and that changed.”

BJC

HBA Supporter
I will have to paraphrase, but there is a line in the movie, “The Great Waldo Pepper” where a child says, “Gee, Mr. Pepper, you must be the best pilot in the whole world!”

Pepper replies, “No, not really.” Then, becoming very serious, adds “I’m the second best”.

BJC

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
"Were it not for the noise, relentless hurricane-force wind sometimes mixed with bullets of rain in the face, occasional bug in the mouth, near impossibility of communication, danger of hypothermia, unshielded exposure to the sun's deadly gamma rays, nonexistent baggage space, low-pressure airflow over the cockpits that can suck out cigarettes and charts, dismal forward visibility and its otherwise shameless impracticality, an open-cockpit biplane might just be the most ideal aircraft ever conceived -- surely, the most wondrous of all man's wondrous machines."

don january

Log Member
"We only got to keep it up until we get there dear" Rather a biplane or a mono nothing like the sound and feel of that open cockpit Dana;)

narfi

"This won't end well!"
~My at the time 8yr old son to his mother, with a grin on his face before proceeding to bloody himself in the gravel over an ill conceived bicycle jump in the driveway only an 8yr old could make.

BJC

HBA Supporter
Seen on Tee shirts at Oshkosh, “If you don’t fly a taildragger, you aren’t a real pilot.”

Seen the following year, “If you don’t fly a Pitts, you aren’t s#%t.”

BJC

pictsidhe

"This won't end well!"
~My at the time 8yr old son to his mother, with a grin on his face before proceeding to bloody himself in the gravel over an ill conceived bicycle jump in the driveway only an 8yr old could make.
Try, not make!
Been there, got the scars...

John wadman

Log Member
When flying with a non-pilot friend for the first time, "Hey, hold on to this steering wheel for a minute. . . i'll be right back."