• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Best decision ever.....JUST DO IT !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadProfessor8138

I'm not going to resurrect an old thread that I posted but I will post this thread without any shame what-so-ever....

My previous thread was about the flight instruction that I was receiving and several issues that I had pertaining to the experience.......
1. Instructor was constantly late,not prepared or cancelled.
2. He wasn't moving me along the syllabus and checking tasks off...at all !
3. While flying with me he was always on his phone.
4. He signed my logbook for solo flight and didn't stay around to watch me fly.
5. He has never taken the initiative to reach out to me to see if I have been flying or even to just ask how I was doing...not one single time...even though I was flying under his signature and he is responsible for my actions.
6. He had no experience in my aircraft type and I was teaching him how to fly my aircraft.
7. Etc.......etc.....etc.

I thought my difficulties with the flight instruction were due to my own issues..but I was wrong..VERY WRONG !
Two other individuals based at my home field have been going through flight instruction at the same airfield as myself and they are having major issues as well with their CFI's...3 different CFI'S between us...but the other 2 trained by my CFI.
We each have our own aircraft and are based at the same home field...we all take instruction at the other airfield because the instructors will not fly out of our home field....a grass strip scares the hell out of them.

Well......long story short.
After much begging & pleading with a retired CFI and good friend from my home field....he has come out of retirement and is going to get all of us through our check rides.
I have learned more in 3 hours and knocked many items off the syllabus with this man then I did in 1.5 years battling with the other CFI .
The other CFI beat me down so much with his bullsh*t and almost had me to the point that I was about to give up on earning my PPL....I was banging my head against a wall with him.
NOW I AM EXCITED ABOUT EARNING MY PPL AGAIN....thanks to my friend coming out of retirement for us.

My advice to anyone having difficulty with their CFI.......kick his/her *ss to the curb....quickly !!!
They are your employee and should be reminded of that fact on a regular basis....

Having fun again while earning my PPL........
BEST DECISION EVER .... !!!!
I'M LOVING AVIATION AGAIN !!!!!!!!

Kevin

Last edited:
Back