Best aviation video.

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
What's really making me stop and think is that I'm just old enough to have a very distant memory of the original black and white version of the F-104 clip, that they used to play every night just before the TV station went off the air.

Yes, children, once upon a time ALL SEVEN TV stations went off the air late at night! You had nobody to keep you company except the Indian.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

TerryM76

Supporting Member
Seven stations!!!!!! You’re putting on airs VB……we had a grand total of 3 stations and I mean the big 3…..and the local PBS station if ya want to count that one. Oh, and we eventually got one of those fancy UHF stations. Nothing but snow after midnight.

Bill-Higdon

Seven stations!!!!!! You’re putting on airs VB……we had a grand total of 3 stations and I mean the big 3…..and the local PBS station if ya want to count that one. Oh, and we eventually got one of those fancy UHF stations. Nothing but snow after midnight.
I remember those days

Marc W

I don't remember TV from when I was young. Oh, wait a minute. I think the neighbors had one.

bmcj

Supporting Member
What's really making me stop and think is that I'm just old enough to have a very distant memory of the original black and white version of the F-104 clip, that they used to play every night just before the TV station went off the air.

Yes, children, once upon a time ALL SEVEN TV stations went off the air late at night! You had nobody to keep you company except the Indian.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg
Yep, I remember that one as well, but I always thought the T-38 version was more inspiring.

bmcj

Supporting Member
This goes to a bigger scope than just aviation, but even though the show met with mixed reviews, I always thought that the intro video for “Star Trek Enterprise” told an inspiring/aspiring all encompassing story.

Pops

Supporting Member
One TV station, came on at 5PM and off at 10 PM. That was the first TV I saw at my father's cousin's house about 2.5 miles out the ridge. Fall of 1950. We just got electric in August.

flitzerpilot

Stanley Kubrick's masterpiece was an outstanding cinematic achievement for its day. The scene where the shuttle locks into the docking manoeuvre with the space station is marvellous to behold and Johann Strauss's famous waltz is the perfect accompaniment to the action.

But the beginning: Earth and its satellite at sunrise, with the striking organ passage from Richard Strauss's 'Also Spracht Zarasthusa', sears forever that opening scene into the 'retinal memory' for me.

agpilot24

Yes, Cloud Dancer! My dad brought home a beta max tape of Cloud Dancer when I was 9. I watched it at least 100 times….I should have made my name on here Brad Randolph……

Reactions: BJC