• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Bendix FI on LSx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toobuilder

Supporting Member
I'm gathering parts for a long stroke, direct drive LSx based aircraft engine. I expect to make ~315 HP @ 3000 RPM. In an attempt to keep the install as "familiar" as possible, I'm dumping the EFI in favor of the Bendix unit found on the front of 300 HP Lycomings. To that end, I have adapted my newly acquired RSA 10 servo to a LS1 intake manifold with a simple plate adapter. The intake manifold has a three bolt mount and the servo has four, so the later needs to be rotated slightly so that the bolt holes don't conflict. By chance, I was able to use one of the mount holes for both the servo and plate.

This step represents the major portion of the installation - remaining actions include machining the bushings to adapt the aircraft nozzles to the LS1 injector locations, mounting the flow divider, and simple plumbing.

It's going to be a while before I have a running mule engine, so if anyone wants to duplicate this mount plate I will be happy to provide the drawing (as soon as it's finished).

Attachments

• adapt5.jpg
    adapt5.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 273
  • Adapt2.jpg
    Adapt2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 191
  • Adapt3.jpg
    Adapt3.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 188
  • Adapt1.jpg
    Adapt1.jpg