• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Airplane For Sale Bellanca Super Viking Airframe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
The Great L. Cheapo strikes again!

Hot off the presses, five minutes ago.

Our EAA chapter is in the process of receiving a donation of a Bellanca 17-30A Super Viking airframe, minus engine, propeller, and instruments. I have not seen it yet but what I do know is that the wings were removed and stored indoors, the fabric is still on the fuselage but likely needs re-doing, and all the airframe parts are there. Not crashed and it is reported to be not wood-rotted.

The organization donating the airframe to us has already sold off the engine and avionics, they are not available.

My job is to convert this donated airframe into a usable engine for our chapter's Zenith 750 Cruzer project.

With the right finagling and tap-dancing, and after an extensive (looking) rebuild, you might be able to build this back up as an E-AB with an aluminum LS V 8 engine or something. That likely depends on your photographic skills... I'm just sayin' :)

We want to TRADE this airframe for a low-time to mid-time, un-damaged, running, airworthy Continental O-200.

Here is the airplane before the engine, prop and instruments were removed:

Viking.jpg

Last edited:
Back