• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Belite factory fire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris In Marshfield

Staff member
Supporting Member
Sad event for the Wiebe clan

https://www.facebook.com/172640762799863/posts/2370087636388487/

Good morning,

Last night, about 11:45pm, we received a call from emergency services that our building had been in a fire. Arriving a few minutes later, the scene was filled with fire trucks and emergency vehicles and swarms of firemen and water hoses.

It appears that the fire started at our CNC router dust collection system. Intense smoke filled the building, and my office and much of our building contents was destroyed. The back area of the building (in the production area), everything higher than 6' off the ground was melting or burned. Much of our raw inventory and all of our older collections of parts for older aircraft designs (for instance, procub and ultracub) was upstairs.

It appears that almost all raw inventory and most if not all Work In Process for aircraft kits was destroyed. The team had just shipped 4 airframe kits and was getting ready to ship another batch this month, along with many back ordered parts for customers. I have been working hard on an air force contract and my IP along with my sole working sample were found in the debris of my office.

We had been working very hard this year. I had just checked our sales for the year earlier in the day, and they were at a record company level. We were showing a nice year to date income level.

Sadly, tragically, our office cats, Lucky and Daphne, did not survive.

We do not know what is next. While I've been writing this, Kathy has been on the phone with the insurance person.

James & Kathy Wiebe

Back