Beer

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Riggerrob

And people ask me why I quit drinking 20 years ago!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I was the three day hang-overs that forced me to quit drinking alcohol.

llemon

The real solution is to homebrew beer, then you can afford a homebuilt plane.

don january

Log Member
Plane or not I'm not giving up my beer to say my prop needs replaced but I know I should,:)

challenger_II

The guy's mistake was to buy his beer in a bar/pub/estaminet. If he'd been using his head, buy beer in a can, save the cans, sell the cans, invest the can money in airplane supplies. Crisis averted.

Lendo

Ringerob, yep! 3 days is about right. I had a skin full of German Beer the night before the German Air Show 2019, that German Beer is very heavy, the show went for 4 days, I was sick for 3 of them. I don't know how I actually survived the first day, but I was determined to be there, as I prepaid the 4 days.
George

Bill-Higdon

From Avenue Q " Bad Idea Bear: Buy a whole case! Princeton: A case of beers? No, I can't get a whole case. Bad Idea Bear: But you're on a budget! You're wasting money in the long run if you don't buy in bulk! " Too bad they didn't have the rest of it on the wiki

Chris Matheny

HBA Supporter
You guys make me feel blessed to not incur hangovers. My wife sometimes does, and looking at her while waiting on her hand and foot, I can definitely see why some people quit. I suscribe to "The Buffalo Theroy" for beer drinking.

WHAT IS THE BUFFALO THEORY?
Cliff Clavin of “Cheers” was a wise man. The kind of guy you’d recruit first for Trivial Pursuit. His knowledge of beer is no exception. Presenting the Buffalo Theory:

Well ya see, Norm, it’s like this… A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That’s why you always feel smarter after a few beers.”

rv7charlie

Thatonewas postulated in a bar, after a few beers...

Charlie
(never bought alcohol except for dates & spouse, and 9 airplanes, 3 a/c projects in my history) ;-)

Riggerrob

The guy's mistake was to buy his beer in a bar/pub/estaminet. If he'd been using his head, buy beer in a can, save the cans, sell the cans, invest the can money in airplane supplies. Crisis averted.
Don't bother toting empty beer cans to the recycling depot. Just flatten them and apply rivets until they look like an airplane.

Lendo

Challenger 11, I would tell you the whole story, but then you would laugh at me, much like the time in the States when they locked me up in Greenville Alabama for riding my motorbike, I can't remember saying this but apparently, I told them I was Steve Irwin's cousin, they believed me, but locked me up anyway. I wondered why everyone in Greenville came to see me in the Courthouse. the place was packed to the rafters. I thought at the time that they never saw an Aussie before - don't laugh!
George

challenger_II

Some of my bestest friends are from that upside-down place. Met some when I was in Korea, others on offshore drilling rigs off the coast of Africa. Good people, one and all. And, they could certainly hold their beer! :) After a hard night in Downtown Malabo, one of the hollered at me "Mate! Hand me one!"

And, between you, and me: we won't talk about them folks in Alabama... :)