• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

BEDE BD-4 complete project for sale with io-470

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay Kempf

Curmudgeon in Training (CIT)
Supporting Member
For Sale: BEDE BD-4 project with Continental io-470-V

$10k or best reasonable offer for the lot.

Clearing out my shop to work on a composite one-off project. So I am looking to sell a complete BD4 project.

Airframe: 1970 original kit built and flown 150 hours behind a 4 cyl Lycoming. Full original IFR panel dissassembled and stored. Original owner became elderly and the plane was eventually sold as an airframe minus firewall forward (but I have cowl). Second owner started moding for 6 cyl involving 18" fuselage stretch aft of cockpit per Ray Ward plans. Mod complete except for reskin rear fuse and hook up elevator and recable controls. Cessna main gear installed and conversion to tail dragger but nose wheel mount is still in firewall. Many parts including a Beechcraft interior, parts to complete controls and all original parts of airframe with original Fglass wings built without flaps. Flap mod is well documented and straightforward to do. 2nd owner died in unrelated commercial aircraft accident. Third owner I bought project from stored in hangar until I bought it.

Engine: io-470-V (260HP) removed running from Cessna 310 with all accessories including 310 intake complete, CS hydrualics, fuel injection, inconel headers from 310! Removed with 200 legal hours still left in log. Also, includes a C185 engine mount to use to mod to attach to BD4 hardpoints on firewall. There are 470 modded BD4s flying. This engine is work a bunch just for the core. Would rather see it go to a homebuilder.

Everything stored in dry heated storage since the last two owners.

I have a full set of plans and the BEDE build book as well as other documentation and a ton of research on the mods for this configuration.

Will sell separately but would like to move the airframe especially for the floor space.

Will email pictures to anyone interested. Haven't gotten a package of photos together as yet.

Last edited:
Back