• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

"Beast One" - the next generation Microjet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scheny

Hi fellow homebuilders!

This is the thread where I am answering all questions about the "Beast One" Microjet that I am building.

BeastOne_001_01.JPG

The "Beast One" is meant as a successor to the infamous BD-5 and as a better alternative to the JSX-2. In years of research I have analyzed all shortcomings and whether there is a possibility to overcome them by modern technology.

Specs:
Beast OneMetricImperial
Wingspan5.8m19ft
Length5.2m17ft
Wing area4.9m²53ft²
Empty weight180kg*400lb*
MTOW380kg*840lb*
Beast OneNauticalMetricImperial
Stall speed57kt105km/h64mph
Cruise speed230kt426km/h261mph
Max speed Vd**300kt555km/h340mph
Alt ceiling18000ft~5500m18000ft
*calculated values, **Vno 250kt (VFR limit)

This is the first time I am designing an aircraft, but I got supported by a famous german aerodynamicist who invented airfoils with benefits at lower Reynolds numbers, an Austrian aerodynamicist and test pilot, who continuously reviews my design changes and calculations and a formula race car engineer, who has helped me with carbon layup schedules required for the fuselage.

The mission goal is to have an aircraft which allows affordable jet flying at the cost of a four-seater, do some crazy aerobatics whenever you want to but enable you to go 50% further than any competition if you want to go for the exclusive 500$ hamburger. Is 50% a vapourware number? No! It's ambitious, but I calculated all parts down to what screws are used and it has way better aerodynamics (+30% wing L/D at low speeds), 15% lower weight at the same payload, etc...

In addition, it incorporates a few state of the art gimmicks, such as BRS, safety cell, energy absorbing nose, bullet proof center tank, docile stall characteristics, solid state electronics (less switches), etc., etc...

So, feel free to ask any questions, while I am posting the progress here!

Back