Quantcast

"Beast One" - the next generation Microjet

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Voidhawk9

HBA Supporter
MSFS 2020 has a new system similar to X-Plane.
Nah, it's not even close, despite what the hype and marketing proclaims. I have both. FS2020 is pretty, X-plane is a capable engineering tool.

Last edited:

Scheny

I ignored the marketing and am referring to the page in the SDK where they describe the new model. Maybe I will add X-Plane in the future, but I have to concentrate my resources now.

The simulator is not used as an engineering tool for me. I will only use it to get to accustom myself to the aircraft, like low sitting position and approach profile (drag=min_thrust) where you have to decelerate from cruise to pattern speed before you are able to use any drag device. For this reason I bought a VR headset yesterday (I have good experience from a VR Eurofighter on a full motion platform --> comes very close to being in the real thing).

Engineering was done with Excel sheets, XFLR5 and now since I got the new Ryzen 9 5900X CPU, hundreds of CFD computing hours.

Map

I have a different kind of observation on airplane this size. While I was flying, I had two close encounters with little Sonex Jets lately. Both were near airports (different ones and different planes). The small size makes them hard to see and they come up so fast. One was a controlled airport and I knew about the traffic, but still only managed to see it after it was very close. Not good.